IDBI Banks Godhuli Retail Term Deposit ensures that when you are nearing your retirement age of 60 years, breaking your fixed deposit prematurely is not amongst your top concerns. With Godhuli Retail Term Deposit scheme your fixed deposit will automatically start earning your Senior-Citizen rates, when you attain the age of 60 years.
IDBI Bank Godhuli Retail Term Deposit Features and Benefits
- The product is available to Resident Individuals aged between 55 years and above but less than 60 years
- Interest rate -
Interest rate on Godhuli Term Deposits shall be applied separately across two deposit periods as illustrated below :
- a). Period 1- From the date of booking till attainment of senior citizenship
In this period, the rate of interest applicable for the deposit would be the regular deposit rate applicable to non-senior citizen category and shall be applied on the original deposit amount.
- b). Period 2- From the date of attainment of senior citizen.status till the date of maturity of the deposit
In this period, the rate of interest on senior citizen deposits prevailing at the time of booking the Godhuli deposit for the tenure corresponding to the residual tenure of the godhuli deposit (tenure from the date of attainment of senior citizen.status till the date of maturity of the deposit) shall be applied. The interest shall however be reset on the fixed deposit balance outstanding at the time of attainment of senior citizen status and not on the original deposit amount.
Please Note:- The minimum residual tenure of the deposit after attainment of senior citizen status should be more than or equal to the minimum tenure applicable for senior citizen deposits at the point of time of booking the Godhuli deposit.
- Minimum amount – Rs. 10,000
- The FD can be booked for a minimum tenor of 1 year & maximum tenor of 20 years.
- Maximum amount – less than Rs. 1 Crore
- No penalty on premature withdrawal
- Renewal of deposit is not allowed
- Avail of overdrafts against your deposits at competitive rates
How to Apply
To know more about our products and services, please get in touch with your Relationship Manager or Branch Head or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.